We at Up For Love Inc. d.b.a Better Weight for Life (“We” “Us” “Better Weight for Life”) value your privacy and are committed to keeping your (“You/Your”) personal data confidential. We use your data solely in the context of providing a site and application Portal (“Portal”) and various related services defined below (“Services”) to support the delivery of treatments and remote clinical care and prescription services by qualified physicians (“Provider”) to patients of Better Weight for Life (“Patient”).
Limitations on Use by Minors
The Portal is not intended for individuals under the legal age (age 18) in a particular state. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Protected Health Information
When you set up an account with Better Weight for Life, you are creating a direct customer relationship with Better Weight for Life that enables you to access and/or utilize the various functions of the Portal and the Services as a user. As part of that relationship, you provide information to Better Weight for Life, including but not limited to, your name, email address, shipping address, phone number, and certain transactional information, that we do not consider to be "protected health information" or "medical information".
Beluga and its Providers have adopted a Notice of Privacy Practices that describes how they use and disclose Protected Information. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you are acknowledging receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices from Beluga and Provider(s).
Collection of Information
We collect any information you provide when you use the Portal, including, but not limited to:
We collect demographic information, such as Your name, birth year, gender, phone number, and e-mail address. Primarily, the collection of Your Personal Data assists us in creating Your account (“User Account”). The collection of Your Personal Data assists us in securely providing you with the Services.
When you make payments via our Services, We may require that You provide Us with Your financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number or bank account information.
In addition to demographic information, We will collect information regarding Your health conditions, allergies, medical history, and symptoms. We collect this information to provide You with the Services.
Device, Telephone, and ISP Data:
We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain Personal Data, from Your computer as You navigate Our Services or interact with emails We have sent You. The information We collect may include Your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files You viewed, Your searches, Your operating system, and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with Your usage. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help Us provide and improve Our Services, and to guarantee their security and continued proper functioning.
Concerning your interactions with the Service and/or third-party websites, networks, or applications accessed through the Service (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on a page or feature, identify of third-party websites, networks, etc.)
Any other information you provide when you contact or communicate with us
We also collect certain medical information on behalf of the Beluga and our Providers, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Health and medical data you submit for diagnosis or treatment purposes, including information in any questionnaires or surveys you complete for these purposes
- Images or videos you share for diagnosis or treatment purposes
We may also receive information about you from our partners. For example, as part of our identity verification process, our vendor may send us the information they have independently collected, such as your name, age, and estimated location. Our marketing partners may also send us information about you, even if you have not visited or registered on our site.
To use some of our services we may be required to verify your identity. If you are asked to submit proof of identity (such as a driver’s license or passport). We use this information to help verify your identity.
How Information Is Collected
Better Weight for Life might collect personal and non-personal information directly from you when you visit, access, or use the Service;
- when you register with or subscribe to the Portal or any products or services available through the Portal;
- when you "sign in," "login,";
- when you allow the Portal to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access or use the Portal) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives, and servers, your mobile device service provider);
- or whenever Better Weight for Life asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Portal or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire.
Finally, Better Weight for Life might use various tracking, data aggregation, and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Cookies are used to help us speed up your future activities or to improve your experience by remembering the information that you have already provided to us.
- Third-party cookies may also be used to enable analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) or advertising functionality (e.g., ad re-targeting on third-party websites).
- Flash cookies are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Web beacons are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website and previously set cookie values.
- Scripts are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user's computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site and/or the App, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the website.
- Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure, and/or generate information about a website's or program's traffic, sales, audience, and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content rating research, and conversion tracking. Examples of the analytic tools and services which Better Weight for Life might use include Google Analytics.
Notice that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other trackings, data aggregation, and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Portal might not function properly.
By visiting, accessing, or using the Portal, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving Better Weight for Life.. permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Portal, and that Better Weight for Life.. may use the aforementioned technologies and/or another tracking, data aggregation, and data analysis technologies.
Use of Information
In connection with providing the Services, we and our affiliates and vendors may use your information, subject to the limitations addressed in the Protected Health Information Section above, for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Verifying your identity;
- Confirming your location;
- Administering your account;
- Fulfilling your requests;
- Processing your payments;
- Facilitating your movement through the Portal;
- Facilitating your use of the Portal and/or products or services offered through the Portal;
- Communicating with you by email, text, telephone, or other forms of communication, including on behalf of your Provider(s) to facilitate telehealth Services;
- Providing you with customer support;
- Providing you with information about third-party businesses, products, and services by letter, email, text, telephone, or other forms of communication;
- Developing, testing, or improving the Portal and content, features, and/or products or services offered via the Portal;
- Improving user experiences with our service;
- Analyzing traffic to and through Portal;
- Analyzing user behavior and activity on or through the Portal;
- Placing and tracking orders for products or services on your behalf;
- Protecting or enforcing Better Weight for Life.. rights and properties;
- Protecting or enforcing the rights and properties of others (which may include you);
- When required by applicable law, court order, or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process).
Disclosure of Information
Subject to the limitations described in the Protected Health Information section above, we may disclose your information to third parties in connection with the provision of our Services or as otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose your information to:
- healthcare providers with whom you are connected for the provision of their healthcare services to you;
- pharmacies to fulfill prescriptions from your Provider and coordinate medication orders;
- with service providers that we use to support the Portal or otherwise in connection with administering and providing our Services, and billing and collections, including without limitation any third-party payment processor
- Other vendors that provide services to enable us to promote and advertise the Portal and the products and/or services offered via the Portal, such as ad platforms or ad-retargeting services
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock with such third party.
Better Weight for Life may retain your information for as long as it believes necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of Better Weight for Life. Better Weight for Life may dispose of or delete any such information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by Better Weight for Life or as required by law.
Better Weight for Life.. may retain your information for as long as it believes necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of Better Weight for Life. Better Weight for Life may dispose of or delete any such information at any time except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by Better Weight for Life or as required by law.
In connection with any transaction that you conduct through the Portal (e.g., the purchase of any products or services on the Portal), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant Better Weight for Life. without charge the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe-wide, and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
- GoaffPro - Affiliate marketing
- Klaviyo - Marketing emails
- Authorise.net - Payments
- Google Analytics - Site Analytics
- Clarity - Site analytics
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Anti-Discrimination Right: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. But note that some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you upon deletion of your personal information or opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
We use a combination of reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security controls to maintain the security and integrity of Your Personal Data, to protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information, and to protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information in Our possession or control that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to You. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, We cannot ensure the security of the information You transmit to Us. By using the Portal, You are assuming this risk. You must keep your Account password secure and your Account confidential, and you are responsible for any and all use of your Account. If you have reason to believe that the security of your Account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
Lats updated: 8 FEB 2023